Leather bags, or at least good ones, can be a bit of an investment. This is because leather is both a beautiful and functional material, so this investment is worth it. However, you probably want to make sure that it really is so by finding durable leather bags that you’ll be able to use for a long time. With this in mind, here’s what makes leather such a durable material, as well as tips on how to properly take care of your bag once you’ve got one.
What Makes Leather so Durable?
Leather is well-regarded as a very durable material for a variety of reasons. Its origin in animal hide is the key factor here, for not only is it natural; it is naturally resistant to water and the elements. On top of the natural predisposition to resist outside agents, the tanning process by which the hide itself is made all the more durable and less susceptible to decomposition. Because of this added process, the natural properties of the leather itself are properly enhanced and maintained. This is what ultimately makes leather one of the best materials when it comes to durability, resistance to the elements, and strength. That is, after all, why outerwear such as jackets and footwear such as boots are commonly made of leather. The material, if properly taken care of, is optimal for circumstances of extensive exterior use. That is also why leather bags are great options too.
Properly Taking Care of Leather
Of course, leather will only be as durable as you make sure it is. This means that you need to take proper care of your bag if you want it to be as durable as it can be. Here are a few recommendations on how to better extend the life of your bag.
- Leather can stretch, so avoid overfilling your bag to help maintain its shape and integrity.
- Take some time every week to wipe away the dust on your bag with a soft cloth or a brush.
- Avoid contact with sharp surfaces to make sure you don’t scratch the surface.
- Avoid getting the leather wet as much as possible, and take extra care of the bag if it gets wet at some point.
- Try storing your leather bags in dust bags to keep it from getting scratched or dirty.
- Using leather conditioner once or twice a year can keep the surface of your bag looking its best in spite of repeated use.
Make the Most of Our Durable Leather Bags
Of course, you don’t really have to take our word for it. We can tell you all about our beautiful leather bags, but you won’t believe us until you take a look at them yourself. So, go ahead. You can go ahead and take a look at our collection. You’ll see that each bag that we offer features a unique and attractive style. So, whether you are looking for a small bag for everyday use or a larger one with room for more, we at Misch Los Angeles are pretty sure that you’ll find the right one for you.